Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rotonda Dawn

4:30 am.
I was walking on the semi-lit pavements of Rotonda looking for a place to spend the remaining hours before the sun actually hit my face.

So this is how pasig looks like before hitting sunrise.
No traffic jams. Just the banging silence of air breaking through my eardrums.
No annoying people walking to and fro. Only mysterious beings doing some strange gestures as they pass me by.
No laughters, no shouts, no cries, no smiles.

The mermaid in the river must have been sleeping, together with the rest of Pasig.

AT LAST! An open internet cafe. Haven for me. I can spend the remaining one and a half hours checking the rest of the world and fancy myself over anonymous people from the net.

One and a half hours passed by so fast and the person standing by the cafe is already ringing me.
"Sir hanggang 6 lang kami ng umaga."
Oh shit, I have to go home now. Maybe I'd just hit my bed while taking advantage of the coldness of the morning? Maybe.

6:00 am.
The pavements of Pasig were already under the grace of the sunlit sky.

Finally. Sunlight.

The breaking of dawn in Rotonda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home